Josh was so lucky to go down to Nashville with his work, Mortenson Family Dental and take part in this amazing weekend. Josh left on Thursday afternoon and WE (yes "we", since I joined him Saturday evening) returned Sunday morning. I survived just fine without him staying busy and I didn't even block the doors with chairs like I usually do. (Paranoid I know.) But I am going to have Josh tell you in his words about his weekend, since I was not there. Here is a link to view all of the pictures, and there are a couple of videos below. Here is Josh...
I went to the Crown Council Annual Event in Nashville. It was a great meeting with a lot of great dental professionals. The speakers were amazing. They were really motivating and they reminded me of what I really want to do with my life and how much I want to be a dentist. I heard from Vince Poscente, a former Olympian speed skier, David Neeleman, founder and chairman of the board of JetBlue airlines, Dr. Joseph A Michelli, author of the Starbucks Experience, and Robin Crow, an amazing guitarist and founder of Dark Horse records. All of them were incredible. The Gaylord Opryland Hotel was enormous. There are huge atriums with incredible gardens and waterfalls. The entire weekend was one of the greatest weekends I have ever had and I was extremely excited to have Alexis join me for the Garth Brooks concert. By far the best concert ever. Overall, I learned a great deal about the vision and excitement surrounding dentistry and what I personally need to do to ensure my success not only as a dental professional but as an individual in my community. Oh yeah, there also was a performance by the African Children's Choir. Truly a heartwarming story and inspirational singing. Each child in the choir has lost at least one parent to HIV/AIDS. Once chosen to sing in the choir they perform for one year to earn money for education. Upon completing the year each child has enough money to go to school and earn a degree so that they can improve their lives.
Enjoy the video of these beautiful children.
Robin Crow playing one of his many guitar numbers during his speach.
2 comments:
We are so glad you both got to enjoy such a great convention. Now you can go beg, grovel, impress the Louisville dental school to let you in this year!! We are praying for you.
Alexis--This is Anne from high school. I was so glad to come across your blog. I talk with Jess a lot so I ask how you are but it will be fun to keep in touch. You seem so happy and your kids are so darling. Are you coming in town for James sealing and blessing? Check out our family blog at: www.stewartandanne.blogspot.com
Post a Comment