Monday, March 17, 2008

Green = Gross

So tonight for St. Patrick's Day I decided to dye our tomato soup green, and Megan who loves tomato soup, would not even try it. She was telling me that it was "nasty" before even trying it. So why is it kids don't like food that is green? Broccoli, green beans, peas, spinach, & lettuce. She never even ended up eating it, but I don't blame her since it does look like "Shrek's Special", I had to eat it right away to show her that it was good and so that I would eat it since it didn't look very appetizing. Happy St. Patrick's day!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW you are JUST LIKE MOM!! We went over to mom's tonight and she made some crepes and dyed it green. We also had some peas and broccoli and some green pudding! LOL That is so funny! Kylie ate it all up but she will eat almost anything. Happy St. Patricks Day!

Tiffany Gremmert said...

I tried to even make green pancakes and they were shunned with disgust. I mean come on they are pancakes. It was a no go with my kids too. Oh well we try right?

It's Beautiful Here said...

Ok, That was just too cute of a face!! I love it. I am surprised my girls actually loves their vegetables. Lucky for us!

Linda Kelly said...

The trick might have been to let her fix the soup as normal and then ask her to put in the green food coloring until it turned green. That way she will believe you that the soup is really tomatoe soup!!

Nic & Kandis said...

that is too funny!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

What a cutie! I wouldn't have eaten it either. :)