Friday, June 27, 2008

For Sale

This is how I felt at the end of the day, or maybe more towards the middle of the day.

* 4 3/4 years old
* Hates cleaning her messes
* Yells a lot
* Can't stay out of the corner


* 18 months old
* Throws his food
* Has tantrums
* Hits whenever mad


Two kids for sale!
Two kids for sale!
Two badly behaved young kids for sale!
I'm really not kidding,
So who'll start the bidding?
Do I hear a dollar?
A nickel?
A penny?
Oh, isn't there, isn't there, isn't there any
One Dad who will buy these kids for sale,
These messy and fussy kids for sale?
Written by Shel Silverstein, modified by Alexis

7 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

haha! i love it! but, they are SO cute. I think as moms, we have all had days (or weeks) that we would like to auction off our kids.

Linda Kelly said...

It is a miracle that kids even make it to 6 years old!! Hang in there. You can only go up from here!!

Stacie said...

So it's been a day, huh? Or maybe a week? Hang tough, it's just a phase (or at least we all hope so). On a side note, Bryson's hair is sooo blond.

Jessica said...

I will rent them. LOL But I PROMISE you that I will bring them home to my house and you will MISS them like CRAZY!! When I am having a hard day I will go into my room SHUT the door and say a prayer. It helps in most cases. Maybe Josh can give you a night off to just go and do something by yourself or with a friend and DON'T talk or think about kids. Love you!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I am so glad to hear other people have children like that too!!! We can trade for a week:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, those days happen. There were days that we thought we would gladly give up you and Jessie when you were around that age. We're glad we didn't!!! You think two can be rough, try four (or more)! Being a parent is a full time job and guess what; it doesn't end when they get married and move out. It just changes. You still worry, you still hope, you still pray that everything will work out the best for all your kids. The circle of life. Just remember the good days and fly out to Utah more often!! That will help a lot!!

Growing Up Skye said...

I love it! If I didn't have my own little trouble maker, maybe I'd think about buying yours!