Friday, June 06, 2008

Growing

I am so proud of my growing 'green thumb'! Here is what my plants looked like before I planted them in the garden...
And here they are now!! Okay, so I do have to confess that the tomatoes did not grow this much...
since we bought this tomatoe plant since our little one will continue growing and won't be ready till the fall (hopefully), But I was surprised to see that we already have 3 little tomatoes growing.
This is my pumpkins that I did start growing from seed, they are so big now, but are only getting bigger!
Here is one of the watermelon plants that really has a funny story behind it... my dear friend who's garden I am growing my plants in, was trying to be sweet and was fertilizing the garden since the guy at the nursery said to do so to help them grow better, she was doing it around her plants and thought that she would do it around my plants too... well it ended up killing all the watermelon, so she felt so bad that she went out and bought new plants to replace the ones that she killed, but she said that my plants looked good before they died, and I'm just glad that I didn't kill them, which makes my 'green thumb' seem a little better!
Here are all the pepper plants, we ended up buying them all (red, green & yellow) for the same reason as the tomatoes, they won't be ready till the fall (unless I kill them before that).

And last... here is the corn, which I can take NO credit for. My friend planted some for me and I just have to weed it, so only 1/2 of one of those rows are mine.

I am so proud!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Good job on the garden. Sorry to not talk about the garden but I was so proud of how CUTE my niece and newphew are!! Bryson is getting so big and oh so handsome! Megan is becoming more and more beautiful, I didn't think that was possible! I miss them sooooo much! October can't come soon enough! PLEASE give them both a TON of HUGS and KISSES from me!!!

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

Looks Good! May your graden grow...

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

opps... I meant to write: garden

Tiffany Gremmert said...

your garden is so cute! It will be so fun to see the final product. Good work!