Fruit Pizza
CRUST:
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup shortening
2 cups flour
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of slat
To MAKE:
Beat margarine & shortening well. Add 1/2 of the flour and then the rest of the ingredients, then slowly add the rest of the flour. Divide into 2 balls, cover and chill for 3 hours. After chilled spread dough on round cooking pan (I used my cookie sheet since I didn't have a round pan) and bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Let cool completely.
SPREAD:
2 cups cool whip
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
TO MAKE:
Soften cream cheese, add powder sugar and beat till smooth. Fold in cool whip and spread over cooled crust, top with your choice of fruit. (I used our strawberries, but I have also used, kiwi, banana, & blueberries)
We made 4 batches of jam, but dumped one down the drain since it didn't set right and after we researched why, we found that the pectin that we had just bought had expired 2 years ago. Then 2 more batches didn't set and we realized that that pectin had expired 1 year ago. So we took them back and got our money back, but we decided to keep those 2 batches instead of waste them, so if anything happens to us and we all get sick, it's from the bad pectin that we bought.
Ingredients:
1 pouch of CERTO pectin
2 cups crushed strawberries
4 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
To Make:
Follow directions found in CERTO box!
The best freezer jam!
We also froze some of the strawberries for smoothies later, and are still using some for fruit salads and strawberry shortcake! Yummy!!
5 comments:
Wowee that is a lot of Strawberries. Thanks for posting the recipe for the fruit Pizza because it was so GOOD!
Don't worry about the old pectin. It won't hurt you!! You can use the jam that didn't set as topping for ice cream!! Looks like you got a lot of great things to do with your berries.
it all looks so good. I'll have to give some of the recipes a try.
Do you have to use shortening on the cookie (pizza crust)? I need to make it since mom makes it all the time. All of your food looks yummy. Way to go! You also reminded me that I need to make some more jam, maybe I will try freezer this time instead of canning. We will see.
I wish we could have gone picking with you, it looks like so much fun. Good for you guys for making all the great strawberry things!
So how thick was your crust??????
Love you guys soooooo much!
Miss you sooooooooooooooo much!!
Mom N
Post a Comment