Friday, November 14, 2008

Interview

Today was my 3rd interview at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry, and I hope it is the last one, but I will have to wait until December 1st to see if I am accepted. Overall, the interview was fine and not any different than the previous years. I had two interviews followed by an exit interview. My first interview was with a 3rd year dental student and he was really cool and said, "Why the heck didn't you get in last year?" and "I will fight for you to get in this year." The student that interviewed me last year made similar statements so I don't really know what to believe. My next interview was with a faculty member and it was similar to last year too because they drilled me about my GPA and scores. It was pretty intense because he is on the medical school admissions committee and he was giving me advice that contradicted everything that UofL had been telling me to do over the last two years. We ended on a good note so hopefully he can get over his doubts about my GPA. Well, pray for me and we can only wait until Dec. 1st for the best case scenario. If I don't get in at least I am in my masters program and can continue making progress there. Thanks for all the positive comments and prayers from everybody. Alexis and I appreciate all the support.

4 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

Please oh please let this be the year! I can't even imagine how stressful and grooling this whole process must be! Good luck Josh!

Linda Kelly said...

That sure looks like a Doctor if ever I saw one!! Hopefully they think the same thing. You deserve all good thoughts and prayers your way until December 1st. Luvs!

Matt said...

This HAS to be the year bro. I'll be prayin' for ya. Good luck and I'll await your call in Dec. with the good news!

Shumster said...

Good luck brother. You should have worn that 70's suit that I gave you.