Thursday, July 29, 2010

County Days

A couple of weeks ago we had a county parade that went down the heart of our town. We’ve never been since we have never seen any advertisement for it, we only heard about it by word of mouth. So we headed up and met some friends there to watch the parade that we thought was suppose to start at 10am but didn’t end up starting tell about 10:45. We were so excited, since the day was warming up really fast that we didn’t know how much more we could take. But we were able to snap a few shots while we waited.

parade

This parade wasn’t very entertaining with pretty floats and big balloons like I grew up with. The main event of this parade was getting candy.

parade4

Businesses and candidates would walk down the parade route passing out candy to all the kids. But here is a little of what we did see.

Cars and fire trucks

(only a few of the MANY)

parade1

Tractors

parade2

There were a lot of churches that had floats, this Kosair Shrine Temple one was pretty funny. The guy would swivel his hips to the music. Bryson thought that it was pretty funny and tried to dance like him. There was also a float with a guy dressed up like Jesus and Megan informed all of us that he wasn’t the real one he was fake. I’m glad that she could tell the difference.

parade3

After the parade there were booths set up all over the main street of most of the people that just walked in the parade, so we walked around getting more free stuff and flyers to local businesses and churches. While we were there watching the parade and going through the booths there had been 4 trains that came by and I have always wanted to get this picture…

DSC04175edit

Unfortunately Bryson wouldn’t turn around. I still think it is cool watching the train come right down our main street with businesses on each side. It’s never fun to be stuck by the train when you are trying to get somewhere, but it sure does look cool.

We had a great time and came home with lots of candy and free stuff, and enjoyed cooling off inside.

2 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

That was a crazy morning. I'm glad you joined me for it. That is a great train pic. It makes our town look so old fashioned.

Jessica said...

I LOVE that picture of the train. I always thought that was so cool when we saw the train go through your little town. So fun! Sounds like you had a fun time at the parade.