A couple of weeks ago we took the kids out to the county fair which is actually almost in our backyard. I have always wanted to go to a fair and last year Connor had just been born and we weren’t able to go. So this year we made sure that we were going to go. The weather was very hot and humid but it was bearable. Going on kids day was great that had a lot of extra games for the kids to play and they got a prize after each game, the got to go on a pony ride and make color sand decorative necklaces. Bryson did very well throwing rings and he made it around a soda on his first try. It took Megan a few tries to do it, but she kept trying until she did it, she never gave up. Bryson was also pretty funny when he was fishing, he couldn’t get the fish to stick to the poll so he bent down and stuck the fish on it. It was pretty funny.
The kids also participated in a pedal pull competition. Neither of them won, but they both got a ribbon from participating.
Bryson's pedal pull
Megan's pedal pull
There weren’t that many animals there. I thought that usually there are big pigs all shined up (like Charlotte's Web) and other animals like that but there was only goats, ponies & chickens.
The other good thing about kids night is that all the rides were free with admission. So the kids were able to go on whatever ride they wanted as many times as they wanted. They had a blast. They were able to go on most of the rides by themselves but I had to go on the Dizzy Dragon so that Bryson could ride. That one was a doozy.
Megan and I went on the ferris wheel towards the end of our night. It was already dark and it was really cool to look out and see all the lights, just as long as I wasn’t looking directly down.
We had a great night keeping the kids up late. We left at 10:30 pm, and considering how late it was they did pretty well. They had a lot of fun. Every time we drive by the fair grounds the kids want to go back. Luckily the fair is gone now, but they just ask if we can go again next year every time we drive by.
3 comments:
I so wish I could have gone with you that night. Looks like so much fun.
You can't beat free rides, especially since the kids could actually ride them!! I am sure you had shoes on Connor and Bryson was tall enough! Super fun night for the whole family.
Sorry we missed you guys while you were in Cali. It sounds like you had crazy flights both ways. We'll have to catch you next time you come out this way. We are actually in the process of buying a house in Rocklin right now, so next time you come, we'll be a lot closer.
Post a Comment