Our Christmas traditions start on Christmas Eve with the nice dinner of ham, party perfect potatoes, brocoli, rolls & special sauce. It was very good. We then read the birth of Christ in the Bible, then watched it, I think it helped Megan to be able to see it, instead of just reading it. We then watched the Polar Express, put the kids to bed, and Josh & I watched Christmas Vacation while we wrapped presents.
Christmas morning started at 7am when Megan woke up, but I told her to just sit and watch a show and let us sleep, that lasted until 8 when she swung our door open, cause she wanted us to wake up, but she was told that she couldn't come wake us up. Bryson also woke up at that time. So Christmas started at 8. Christmas was very fun this year, it is always fun to watch your children open up presents and see the excitement in their eyes. Bryson only opened a couple of his gifts and Megan opened the rest of them for him. It was a great Christmas morning, after opening presents, we made a huge, very fattening breakfast of waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon & sweet rolls. Luckily we ate it so late that it counted as our lunch too. We then all got ready, gave the kids naps and then after relaxing a little went over to our friends house for Christmas dinner and fun. It was a fun day, but at the end of the day I told Josh that it didn't really feel like Christmas since we didn't spend it with family, plus a little snow would have helped.
Decorating Cookies
This was a 2 part event. We made the cookies on Christmas Eve, then we decorated them on Christmas. Megan did a good job helping with it all, Bryson just threw a fit during it all cause he wanted to be part of it. Megan was also very careful when she was decorating her cookies, she used a lot of pink (suppose to be red) frosting on her cookies, and almost all the sprinkles. She also managed to get frosting all over her mouth (I wonder how?) and even on her eye. Josh was also very good at his decorating, what an artist, he should skip dental school and go into cookie decorating! Okay, maybe not, but he's good. During the decorating Bryson sat and ate a banana and a cookie.
Christmas Videos:Bryson with his new ball
Megan Roller Skating

3 comments:
I wish you could have been with us this Christmas, but maybe another year! It looks like you still had a very fun Christmas with your family. That is what is important that you and Josh and the kids got to be together. Count that as a blessing. Love the pics!
Looks like you had a fun christmas. but, I agree that it was different not spending it with any family. Loraya loved her memory game and her backpack...thanks! Also Jacob and I can't wait to use our gift cards...pot pie here i come!!! :)
Thanks!! When are we going to get together again??
Looks like Bryson still loves balls!! Megan is quite the creative roller skater. She will be buzzing around the neighborhood before you know it!! I am glad you had a fun Christmas day. Wish we could have shared it in person with all of you.
Post a Comment