Thursday, December 06, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So I am leaving to visit my family in 2 days and I am DREADING the plane flight there & back with Megan & Bryson. I am just imagining Megan turning into a little Devil, not listen to me and annoying the person that we are sitting next to, and Bryson screaming, whining, crying the whole flight and not wanting to sit still, and also annoying the person that we are sitting next to. I would LOVE it if Megan sat still, left her seat belt on the entire flight, listened to everything I had to say and obeyed, being a perfect little angel. Bryson quietly playing with his toys and even better, sleeping during the flight. But I KNOW that that won't happen, so here is where I need all the advice that I can get. PLEASE HELP ME!!! Any advice or ideas on how to make this a successful airplane trip? Thanks in advance!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

A little dayquil never hurts :) Bribes, bribes and more bribes-- and a portable DVD player.

Me said...

i've read before that having special little carry on cases full of stickers, new coloring books, quiet toys that are new to the kids, etc can really help. basically using the concept that its a fun special bag of goodies to keep them occupied. i don't know if it works, but its a suggestion. maybe you could even wear them out somehow before the flight, but that always run the risk of frustrated and tired kids that are even louder. good luck and see you on monday.

annieandken said...

Good luck with that! I've flown with Joseph by myself twice and I just told him before we even got on the plane that he would need to stay in his seat and keep his seatbelt on the whole time. I had him by the window seat. I brought cool snacks that he never gets and I bought a few new cars and toys he hadn't seen before. I also brought Playdo (I think I called and asked the airport beforehand if it was okay). The snacks helped a lot, and I can imagine that a DVD player would help a lot too. Anyhow, good luck. We'll be traveling soon too, so let me know if you come up with something that helps with two kids!

The Kelly Family said...

For Shalon's wedding in March, I flew out with Brinley and Maddie by myself. Long story, but Ryan had to take a different flight. I was 7 months pregnant and Maddie was "infant in arms" and I didn't have a stroller with me. That made security a little tricky. Before you board the plane, I let the kids walk around the terminal as much as they can to get their wiggles out. We brought color wonders marker books for each of the girls and those worked great. I let them each bring 1 toy, too. Snacks work when nothing else does.

Anonymous said...

Bryson and Meagan are such goods kids I'm sure you will not have a problem. I can't wait to see you and have our girly day!

Love, Kandis

Julia Kelly said...

lots of snacks, DVD player, and bring a "special toy" for the plane ride...usually something new always entertains my kids longer. Expect the worse...and usually its never as bad as you think it will be. :)

Katie Wells said...

Hi Alexis, I'm in the same boat as you. Olivia and I are flying to America on Dec 26th. My advice is when it's getting hard, just think about me and how at least you don't have to travel for 23 hours to get to your family because that is what I will have to do with Olivia. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to it. Like the comments other people left, I've been told to bring a bag of toys that Olivia has never played with and yummy snacks. Also, tell Meagan that kids are not allowed to get out of their seats while the plane is flying unless they have to go to the bathroom. It's the pilot's rule. That's what my friend did and she said it actually worked.