Lately Megan keeps saying "I'm the Mom" and then assigns Josh & I the rolls of the kids and Bryson is the Dad. She did this on Sunday on the way to church, so i told her that I got to play with the toys and that she got to sit and listen. She was fine with it... until we got to church and her friend was sitting behind us and she wanted to play. So she said that she was done being the Mom. But yesterday after we got home from running errands, it was time to make dinner and Megan keeps telling me that she's the Mom, so I inform her that she needs to put the groceries away, and fix dinner. She agrees again in her "Mom voice" (this high pitched voice, really do I talk like that?) She succeeded putting away the groceries but then trying to make dinner she couldn't open the can of olives for our Pita Pizzas, I helped her get it started and then she went on cutting the olives. I had actually left the room and was playing with Bryson and Josh when she had started cutting the olives and when I came back in the kitchen and saw that she was cutting it kinda freaked me out. But to give Megan credit, she was cutting them pretty good, and there was no blood, luckily. So here is her pizza that she made all by herself, and even cut the olives. I think it is time to give her more responsibility, but I don't know where to start, any suggestions? Tuesday, January 08, 2008
I'm the Mom!
Lately Megan keeps saying "I'm the Mom" and then assigns Josh & I the rolls of the kids and Bryson is the Dad. She did this on Sunday on the way to church, so i told her that I got to play with the toys and that she got to sit and listen. She was fine with it... until we got to church and her friend was sitting behind us and she wanted to play. So she said that she was done being the Mom. But yesterday after we got home from running errands, it was time to make dinner and Megan keeps telling me that she's the Mom, so I inform her that she needs to put the groceries away, and fix dinner. She agrees again in her "Mom voice" (this high pitched voice, really do I talk like that?) She succeeded putting away the groceries but then trying to make dinner she couldn't open the can of olives for our Pita Pizzas, I helped her get it started and then she went on cutting the olives. I had actually left the room and was playing with Bryson and Josh when she had started cutting the olives and when I came back in the kitchen and saw that she was cutting it kinda freaked me out. But to give Megan credit, she was cutting them pretty good, and there was no blood, luckily. So here is her pizza that she made all by herself, and even cut the olives. I think it is time to give her more responsibility, but I don't know where to start, any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Your kids are so cute!! It's fun to look at your pictures!! Lets keep in contact more!!
Look at those cheeks! So cute!
love your pizza megan! and bryson is too cute! he must be a kelly. :)
I Love that Megan wants to be the Mom. When you come to Utah I am turning the cooking over to Megan!
I cant wate!
Love you sooooo Much!
Mom N
I am totally making Megan's famous pita pizzas for dinner tonight! Looks yum-o!
Post a Comment