Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kentucky Snow Day

This morning we were woken up at 6 AM with an automated phone call telling us that the AM session of preschool is canceled. Just when I was about asleep again the phone rings again at 6:20 AM with another automated phone call telling us that AM & PM preschool is canceled. Not that it really mattered to me that they canceled PM since Megan goes to AM. Then again, I was about asleep for the 2nd time and the phone rings AGAIN. This time it is the county school system telling us that they have canceled school for all of Oldham County. So we look out the window to see how much snow we have since it canceled school for the whole county, and it really was the most snow that I have ever seen... in Kentucky. If this was Utah, it would take 3-4 more FEET before school got canceled. Now I do have to say that I am glad that Megan is in school, but to be on the list for the phone to ring 3 times in the morning is not fun.
So a snow day for us today. After getting ready I went outside and shoveled the driveway while I let Megan play in the snow. I put Bryson in the stroller and he wanted to go play so bad that he started rocking it and was able to roll it down the driveway a bit. It was funny. But after shoveling we came inside and my day of babysitting started, and since it is a snow day I get more kids. So a house full of 5 kids is great birth control, luckily everything went well, I am still alive, but I don't know if I ever want 5 kids.

This is Megan playing in the snow, my batteries were dead so I couldn't take any more pictures. But she tried to make a snow man, but the balls kept breaking, so she went to making snow angels.

2 comments:

mindy said...

That would be very annoying!!! I would not be a happy person being woke up at 6:00 in the morning let alone 3 times!! But I'm sure megan loved playing in the snow!!

Jessica said...

Just wait until you come out here! We have snow that is almost as tall as Kylie in our front yard! You are a trooper to get woken up so much and then to take care of all the kids. WAY TO GO!!!