Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Our Snow Storm!

It started to snow yesterday and Megan was so excited that she had to watch it come down. She kept saying "Look at all the snow!" You can tell that we don't live out west anymore. I thought that I would take a few pictures, there isn't much snow but it is FREEZING here, it was 9 degrees this morning with a "feels like" temperature of -11 (I think that is what Josh said), I'm just glad that I have a car so that I could drive Megan to the bus stop (6 houses down the street).



5 minutes later it stopped and this is the snow we got!
Megan kept asking if she could go out and play in the snow, we just laughed since there really wasn't much snow to play in. But as we were leaving to the store we saw 3 kids out playing in the "snow" even tho it was more like playing in the grass. What is your favorite thing to do in the snow? I like to just look at it, i think that it is pretty, I am scared to drive in it now since my accident in Utah. Megan loves to play in it, and Josh loves to ski and sled in it. He is really wanting to go skiing now.

5 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

I would ride to the bus stop if it was snowing that hard too!! It always looks so much more fun than it is to play in it. I hate being cold. I rather be HOT!!

Nordgren Family said...

so funny!
If Megan likes to play in the snow maybe she will be a snow bunny like her Dad and not a hot cho. drinker by the fire like her grandma N.

Stacie said...

I really only appreciate the snow on Christmas day. Any other time it's just a nuisance. I don't think there's any activity I like to do in the snow, because I absolutely hate being cold.

Julia Kelly said...

we got a lot of snow here too...must of been the same storm that hit. I too like to LOOK at snow. Sking is really fun, but I'm terrible and have only been a few times. Maybe when we have more money i'll take up sking and we can go on family ski trips.

Hksedwick said...

I am surprised that they still had school. It seems like they cancel school and church for any skiff of snow. I love the snow when it is thick and beautiful, like it is in Utah. Love the pictures. Skiing is my favorite thing to do in the snow.