Saturday, March 15, 2008

Louisville Triple Crown- 10K

Today was the Second leg of the Triple Crown races, the 10K. The weather was cold and overcast with threatening rain showers, but luckily it didn't start to rain till later in the afternoon. My race started at 8:30AM and then we decided to sign Megan up to do a Kids fun run race, 50 yard dash, at 10:30am.



So while I raced Josh let Megan jump around on the bouncy slide while they waited for me to finish.

Josh was at the finish line with the kids and was able to get pictures of me running this time! I kept waving at Megan, but she never saw me run. Tonight at dinner she asked me "Are you going to run YOUR race." (ha ha!) At least I have pictures to prove that I ran this time! (Thanks sweetie!)On the way to the finish line, I ended up running the 10K in 54:33, I finished 97th in my age division of women out of 502. I feel like I did pretty well, even though I felt sick afterwards. Now I have to get ready for the 10 mile race that I am running with Josh in 2 weeks!

After I finished my race we got Megan ready for her race. She had been talking about this race for days and had been telling everyone that "On Saturday Mommy is going to race, and then I get to race and then I get to go to Dylan's birthday party." (one of her friends that she hadn't seen in a little while) So she got a bib # (they all got the #1), a t-shirt and
a 1st place ribbon (everyone got 1st place!)
What a fun morning, and now after Dylan's birthday party...
& grocery shopping (without Megan, I forgot how fun grocery shopping was without telling Megan to stop touching everything. ) we are now taking a nice relaxing night watching a movie!

6 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

congrats on finishing the 2nd leg of your triple crown. What a great thing for you to accomplish. It is really cool that Megan got to run a race and be just like mom and dad. Congratulations to all of you!!

Julia Kelly said...

great job alexis, and megan too! Looks like it was a fun day.

Kristin Rose said...

Wish I lived nearby to be running along with you. I need to find some races to do around here. I have been running again at the gym a lot and it has given me inspiration to maybe try a marathon this Fall. Great job with all your races-keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited (happy) for you!! I didn't realize that you had kept up with the running after you ran that 1/2 marathon. I just ran a 5K yesterday (got 2nd) and I'm training for a relay marathon in May. Wish you lived closer because it would be awesome to do something like that with you. Congradulations!!!

Frampton Family said...

I'm officially impressed Alexis. Not only did you run this race. But you did it in freezing weather. You are once again totally amazing.

The Kelly Family said...

Yeah Megan! Running just like mommy. That is the cutest thing ever. Alexis, you inspire me. Everytime I read about one of your races, it reminds me how much I miss running. One of these days, when I'm not pregnant, I think I'll start training for a half marathon or something. You make it look so fun. Way to go on your race!