Monday, March 03, 2008

Triple Crown 5K

On Saturday after we returned I had my first race of the Triple Crown races, running the 5K. I was pleased with my time of 26:16, especially since we flew in at midnight the night before, and the race started at 8:30 which felt like 6:30 to me since we were still on Utah time. But it was fun and I look forward to the next race in 2 weeks, I just hope that there isn't as many people. There was almost 8,000 people running the race, Josh never even saw me running since there was so many people. What a great husband though to wake up early with me and take the kids down to support me, and never see me. It really means a lot to have that support.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

WAY to go lex! I am so proud of you! I still can't believe that you are running. I am very impressed and surprised. I'm glad that Josh and the kids came out to support you. You have a good family!

Linda Kelly said...

I can't believe you had enough energy to run a race after flying home the night before. Your time was great!! Keep up the good work and good luck in a couple of weeks on the next race.

Tiffani said...

You are an inspiration to us all, you are doing awesome!

Julia Kelly said...

great job on the time! impressive!

The Kelly Family said...

Way to go!!