Saturday, March 29, 2008

We Did It!

Today was the last leg of the Triple Crown of running the Papa John's 10 Miler. Josh and I ran together while our dear friend Brandi watched the kids in the freezing weather. There was a horrible freezing breeze that we had to run against on the last 3-4 miles, which felt a little refreshing at times, but bone chilling at others, so I can't imagine how cold Brandi and the kids must have been. They were bundled up pretty good, Brandi had 5 layers on once we met up with them after the race.
So here are the pictures... Megan chilling waiting for us at the finish line. We had to run around the stadium to the finish line.

Josh & I running in to the finish, we finished in 1 hour 30 minutes and 9 seconds. Josh did great, he stayed with me the whole time even though I think he could have finished a lot sooner, but he stayed with me and helped me finish. I felt like I was going to drop at mile 9... and then it went up hill, it was awful, but Josh stayed with me and helped me get through the last hill. What a great husband I have!
Here we just finished and are walking to go stretch. We were the 1,816 & 1,817th to finish out of 5,870 people. The first place guy ran it in 49:55, WOW!
Here we are with the kids.

I am glad that it is over with and that we did it! I ran 3 races, with thousands of people, got 2 blisters and 1 ugly toe. And Josh ran 1 race and got 1 hurt foot. Today we are going to do a lot of relaxing and resting up our injuries. This might be my last race till after our next baby (no I am not announcing anything), I don't know, we will see if we will run another race soon.

10 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

I am so amazed that you did it!! Congrats and your time was awesome. I was worried about Josh's knee bothering him but all must have been fine in the knee department. I wish you would have had better weather. Don't you know it is spring now??? Maybe Kentucky doesn't know that yet! We had 77 degree weather here this week. Just had to rub it in! Enjoy your day off and rest your weary bodies.

Laura Jansson said...

WAY TO GO! I am so amazed at you and your hubby! I don't know if I could ever do that! Happy relaxing!

Julia Kelly said...

awesome job you two! what an accomplishment!

Jessica said...

That is so awesome that you could run a race together. Steve is super jealous. Maybe we will have to run one in the coming years to make Steve happy. WAY TO GO!!! Good time too!

Tiffani said...

Awesome! You are my inspiration. I am also impressed that Josh ran with you...I wish.

Stacie said...

Wow I am so impressed. You guys did awesome. Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That's great! I hear runners get what they call a runner's HIGH when they run. I'd be surprised if you give up running. Running is so healthy, it helps you feel so good, and it makes life so much better in so many ways. What's next---a full marathon? That's one I've never done. Great job!

Tiffany Gremmert said...

Congrats! What an amazing goal you have accomplished. Totally amazed by you!

Sarah said...

Great job! How fun that you did it together as a couple. You're inspiring me to do a 5K again. I promised myself that I would do one between each pregnancy. There's still time...and now motivation.

annieandken said...

Alexis,

That is so great! Kenneth and I ran in a ward 5K a few weeks ago. It's fun to run with your husband. Good job for running so far! You must be in great shape!