
Saturday we held our First Annual Derby Bingo Party! I grew up playing bingo in my family around Easter time, and since I have moved away I miss our annual bingo parties, so I decided to do my own bingo party. Thanks to Josh for letting me do this, it means a lot to me to continue this tradition since it is in memory of my Great Aunt Doris. We had a lot of fun playing, it was a little hectic with so many little kids, but next year we will do a more sturdy table. Thanks to all my friends that came to help me enjoy this memory even more. We will just have to improve on it every year. And now I know all that my great aunt went through to put on one of these Bingo parties for us, it is a lot of work.
Everybody say BINGO!
And of course after we played Bingo we watched the Kentucky Derby race which was bitter sweet. Big Brown won the race even though he was in the furthest gate, but the horse that got second place, Eight Belles, broke her 2 front legs when she was slowing down after the end of the race and they ended up euthanizing (putting her to sleep) her. It was a great race, but ended sad. If you want to watch the race check it out at...
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2008/
7 comments:
thanks again for such a fun day, alexis! we had a ball and so did the kids :) now I'm no longer the bingo rookie, so I'll know what to expect at the 2nd annual derby bingo party!
That is so cool that you are keeping the bingo tradition alive. Josh's grandma Kelly loved to play bingo so he should be a pro at helping you with this party!!
That makes me SOOO happy that you are carrying on the tradition out there with your family. We wish you could be here for our Bingo party! It's on the 17th so if you want to fly out! :-) Family memories makes me miss you guys even more! LOVE YOU ALL!!
Aww, I love that you're keeping this tradition alive Alexis. It's a bummer both you and I won't be at the Easter party this year. You are such a fun mom to have parties for your kids. Did you get through more than one round? ha! I still think it's funny that our family ends up cheating after the first game. I remember going in grandma's back room with you and Jessie to see the loot we got. Good times, good times. Miss you!!
looks like fun! how sad about eight belles :(
You guys are always doing something fun. By the way, I love the 'good jar' I'll have to remember that when Cooper gets older
Alexis, you are the cutest mom/wife ever! I need to be more like you... i love reading all of your posts, you are such a creative mommy!
Post a Comment