
Megan finished her swimming lesson yesterday and did great! She loves to swim without her back float, but is scared to jump into the water without it. She had a very sweet teacher that helped her learn simple tasks of jumping in, putting her face under water, arm strokes, and floating on her back. After her first lesson Josh promised to swim with her after her last swim lesson and Megan held him to that promise, so he got in with her after her lesson was done. I tried to get some video of her jumping in, but after about 10 attempts she finally did it, but not by herself.
Jumping in during her lesson
Jumping in after her lesson, she wanted to do it off the stairs, but also shows her going under water!
Playing with Dad
Megan finally jumped in all by herself off the edge of the pool, with no back float, and even went under water all by herself. But I didn't have the camera to document it. But we are SO proud of her! We will have to keep her swimming this summer to keep practicing what she has learned.
5 comments:
Tell Megan to practice hard so she can come swim in grandmas pool in California. We can't wait to see her new swimming skills.
I love the way she keeps looking at Josh while she is swimming. She is so excited to show her new talent. SO cute!!
We need to get our kids back in lessons, they're getting all freaked out about the water again. Keep her practicing!
WAY TO GO MEGAN!!! I'm so PROUD of her! LOVE you Megan!!!
Megan did so good! Swimming is so fun when they can swim around the pool by themselves. One of these days, I need to get my kids in swim lessons, too.
Post a Comment