So today I turned 25 years old. I am excited since I can now officially drive a rental car (not like we drive rentals really), but now I don't have limits on anything. Josh reminds me today that I am half way to 50, but I really hope that these next 25 years are better then the first. No more awkward stages of funny hair dues, braces, boyfriends, break ups, girl fights, sibling fights, and chores (now I get to do it all!)
Also on my birthday I was thinking that Birthdays should really be a tribute to Moms. We push the kid out (or get them torn out of us) change diapers, feed them, raise them to be "little angels" (which every child has their own interpretation) and no one even remembers us and what we did on their birth day. So today I thought that I would pay tribute to my Mother and thank her for giving me my life so that today can be all about me (which really never happens) Thank you for taking care of me, loving me (even through those hard teenage years) and doing everything for me that I didn't even realize that you did until I am raising my own children. You are amazing Mom, thanks for everything, I love you. Oh, and Dad I guess you had a part in giving me a birth day too, so Thanks for your help, and for raising me to be the "perfect angel." I love you too. Unfortunately on a day that is suppose to be all about me, it never happens that way, even on my husbands attempts to try and make it a special day, somehow things just don't happen that way. So thank you sweetie for always trying, I love you for it! Happy Birthday to me!
My Dad also made a fun Birthday page for me that I thought was nice so I wanted to share it with you... http://www.plushcc.com/alexis/birthday.html
Now you can see some of the awkward stages of life. (And if pictures don't come up just hit the refresh button.)
Also on my birthday I was thinking that Birthdays should really be a tribute to Moms. We push the kid out (or get them torn out of us) change diapers, feed them, raise them to be "little angels" (which every child has their own interpretation) and no one even remembers us and what we did on their birth day. So today I thought that I would pay tribute to my Mother and thank her for giving me my life so that today can be all about me (which really never happens) Thank you for taking care of me, loving me (even through those hard teenage years) and doing everything for me that I didn't even realize that you did until I am raising my own children. You are amazing Mom, thanks for everything, I love you. Oh, and Dad I guess you had a part in giving me a birth day too, so Thanks for your help, and for raising me to be the "perfect angel." I love you too. Unfortunately on a day that is suppose to be all about me, it never happens that way, even on my husbands attempts to try and make it a special day, somehow things just don't happen that way. So thank you sweetie for always trying, I love you for it! Happy Birthday to me!
My Dad also made a fun Birthday page for me that I thought was nice so I wanted to share it with you... http://www.plushcc.com/alexis/birthday.html
Now you can see some of the awkward stages of life. (And if pictures don't come up just hit the refresh button.)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Alexis!!! I hope you had a fun day with your family. It was fun looking at all your past birthday pics. I think Megan looks so much like you, I've never thought that until i saw all those pics of you. How cute! I'm so glad that our husbands picked us so we can be sisters! I've loved our laughs, talks, and fun times. Here's to the next 25 years!! Love you!!
Happy Birthday! I hope "your" day was special, even if in it's own way. Wish we could celebrate with you.
Happy Birthday Alexis! I agree that the 25th is a great year! So your family is adorable and I hope poor Bryson's arm heals quickly. He looks really cute with his cast though. I remember getting the pics from his birth from you guys and now he is already 10 months old! They grow too fast. Well have a great birthday!
Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you posted on your birthday to remind all of us slackers to wish you "Happy Birthday" through the lovely internet. I'm kicking myself for not getting a card out to you. I hope you had a great day. Cute kid pics and I agree with Julia, Megan totally has some of your same expressions. I think it's the eyes. Lucky girl :)
Hey Alexis!! Happy Birthday and looking as good as ever. Love all of the pics.
Happy 25!!! I love the old pics! I love the barbie pool!
Happy Birthday Alexis! You are looking do great! Hope you had a great one. Miss you lots.
love you soooooo much!
I will call you to talk more personal!
I am missing you more than ever sorry I cant type through my tears
Love Mom N
Post a Comment