Thursday, October 11, 2007

Little Bones

Yesterday was a crazy day which then carried over to today. Last night Josh was playing with Bryson and having him stand against the couch, when Megan decided that she wanted the attention and sneak in front of Bryson, which of course knocked him over. He cried for awhile, and while I was comforting him, there was a knock at the door... who could it be? Of course, it was the Branch President and his counselor coming over for a visit, which Josh forgot to tell me about, so all of us are in pajamas, dinner just finished cooking, and there were toys everywhere. I felt bad. So after the hour visit and talking about neglecting our children's broken bones... we eat our cold dinner and put our children to bed. Bryson on the other hand woke up several times last night, so I gave him Tylenol and teething tablets all night. After a long morning of trying to get Bryson to sleep longer so that I could sleep, I finally decided to wake up, which was very painful, (I am even more sore today then I was yesterday from my tae bo.) So I put Bryson in the bathroom while I showered, and to my surprise he was still in the same spot that I put him in when I was done. When he usually is crawling (more squirming) all over getting into everything. So I tested it out, and put the door stop back in (which I took out since he always loves to take it out and chew on it) and he would attempt to crawl, but wouldn't move. So I figured something was wrong, cuz usually once he sees the door stop he crawls as fast as he can to get it before I take it out. So I called the doctor and got him an apt. She sent us to get an x-ray, and after a lot of hobbling around (yes still sore) we found out that he has a buckle fracture and he has to go in on Monday to get a cast on it. They figured that he is being too careful with it that he won't hurt it anymore. But seriously, I am more afraid of Megan hurting it more. So hopefully on Monday it won't be broken. So keep posted for pictures of Bryson in his cast. And if anyone has any suggestions on how to make me feel any better besides stretching (I'm doing that) please let me know. The only good thing is that Josh thinks I walk sexy! Really I just think that he is trying to make me feel better. Oh, and to my credit Bryson did cut a tooth too, poor boy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh poor Bryson, I am so sad for him and for you Alexis {you have to be up with him all night}
give Bryson a big hug from Dad and me.
love ya
Mom N

Me said...

hey alexis, hang in there. i'm suffering with teething right along with you. hope everyone thing goes good with bryson!!

Julia Kelly said...

OHH, I just talked to mom and she told me about Bryson! Little babies in casts are so cute, but so sad. Hope everything goes ok. i wish i knew what to tell you about easing sore muscles...but i love being sore. Even if its painful! I do hope your muscles feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

OMG I feel like a awful sister for not knowing what had happend to Bryson. It is to late to call you so I will in the morning for sure! It's so hard to see your kids in pain. I'm so sorry that you also have to be the strong mom and take care of everything.

Also Kylie has started to also crave the attention now. At times it is cute but most of the time it just makes it harder on all of us. She hasn't hurt James on purpose and nothing serious, yet! Hang in there!

Love, Jess

sheena said...

Poor little guy!! Keep us posted on how the Dr. goes.

And sorry you're sore too....but I have to agree with Julia, I LOVE being sore, so I have know idea what to do about it!

Nordgren Mommy said...

Sorry to hear about Bryson. My Isaac is only a month older then Bryson and that woud be so hard to see him go through that. We hope everything goes well and that he will heal quickly.
Love,
Jen & Aaron

Frampton Family said...

Sorry to hear about Bryson. It just breaks my heart when little kids break something. Remember Morgan breaking both of her legs? Just know that I know what it feels like to break bones, trust me. And about the sore muscles. I don't know what to tell you, seeing as I haven't ever exercised. But hearing about your pain makes me just want to get out there and do it. haha! Hope you're doing well. I will call you soon.
Love you!

Janelle