Josh and I went on a double date this weekend with some good friends who were here visiting from out of town, Scott & Donyea. We went out to see a friend, (who is previously mentioned in Josh's Work Party as Elvis Todd) play in his band. The gig started at 10 pm and was suppose to end at 2 am, at a place called Wick's Pizza. We attempted to get a babysitter for the kids, but unfortunately couldn't find one, so our sweet friend's Mom let us bring our kids to their house to sleep so that we could go. (Thanks Suzanne!) Once we got there we were looking for where the bands played, so we asked the hostess and she tells us that it is at the
"far bar" not just 1 bar, but 2. We head over to the "far bar" and you can just smell all of the cigarette, and cigar smoke everywhere. (Side note: they had a law that was passed last year that you couldn't smoke in public places, including bars... the law has been fought ever since they placed it, and to our luck, a judge decided to lift the law a week ago and let people smoke indoors again, lucky us!) Anyways, we said hello to Todd and his wonderful wife Lisa, and found out that his band wasn't going to be playing till 11ish, so we decided to leave for a bit to get out of all the smoke. We went and sat down with some more friends at the restaurant section of Wick's and get some pizza. Once we headed back Todd told us that we had to stay until he played his Bass Solo, then we could all leave. Well, after listening to his band play, which were really good, the lead singer was great, and we waited and waited for "THE SONG" to be played but they kept pushing the the song back, but finally somewhere between 1:30 & 2
AM (I don't remember, it was too late) they played the song, and Todd did GREAT with his solo, which is below. I feel bad that we all cleared out of there so fast after his solo, it wasn't the music it was the smell, sorry Todd! (I can't even remember the last time I stayed out that late, I think maybe when Josh and I were dating, but I don't know.) So now after 3 loads of laundry and leaving things out, we are smelling a little better. It was a fun night, but it really
STUNK!
The Band minus the bongo player and sax player, couldn't fit in the picture

All the girls!
Lisa, me, Jill, Tamera, Jessica & Donyea
All the guys were standing while we sat.

"Test of Love" Todd's Bass Solo
Funny things about the night...
Everyone was ordering WATER
Someone said that the bar sales were down 30%
Everytime someone would light up around us, everyone would move away
3 comments:
How fun! I haven't stayed up that late in ages let alone gone out that late. I am glad that you were able to have a kid free/adult night even if it stunk.
Hey at least it was a night out right?? 2AM! That's when Jacob is getting up to go to work. :) Sorry it was smelly, but glad you got a night out with your hunny.
How nice it was for you to go surport your friends.
How long can you hold your breath!
Love Mom N
Post a Comment