Monday, January 07, 2008

Our Weekend

I am determined to keep me resolutions this year, so we started out our weekend doing great! I found a babysitter for Friday night so that Josh and I could go out. We wanted to go to dinner and a movie, but realized that the babysitter would have to put the kids to bed, and we didn't think that that would go over really good. So we decided to just go to dinner. We got a gift card for PF Changs so we decided to go there. Once we got there we were informed that there was a 1 1/2 hour wait, and since we told the babysitter that we would be home by then, that wasn't going to work. But they did inform us that they do take reservations, so next time, we will reserve a table before and skip the long wait. So anyways, we head out to go somewhere else, everywhere had about an hour wait. So we decided to go to Cheddars, and we got a table in the bar so that we didn't have to wait as long. Crazy night, but it was nice to get out. I think I was more nervous for our babysitter watching the kids then she was to be babysitting. Hopefully it will get better the more we go out.
So continuing on with my resolutions... we went on Saturday and signed up for the gym so that I can work out and train to run a 10 or more mile race. Unfortunately Bryson cried the whole time in the play area, i tried it again today, and he still had to be held the whole time, hopefully it will get better... anyone have any suggestions to help, or is it just time?
Well, for the rest of our weekend, Josh and I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3 after the kids were in bed, and I am trying to get Bryson to sleep through the night. I really hate letting him cry, but he cried for an hour, then I went in and held him for a bit, put him back down, and he cried for about 30 minutes more and then slept until I woke him up to go to the gym. So I really hope that tonight is better.
How was your weekend? How are you doing with your resolutions?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Alexis, this is Julia's sister, in case you were wondering! I take my youngest to the gym, and she cries in the day care EVERY TIME! Everytime I go to pick her up, she is being held, or sitting on someone's lap. She is almost 2 1/2, so I hope your little one adjusts a lot faster! Most "normal" kids will get used to it after a few times. I get so frustrated. .. she is afraid of the other kids. Go figure.

Julia Kelly said...

Isaac hated the gym...it just took time. I went every day and he just got used to it and knew that at every morning that's where we were going.....oh how i miss going to the gym!! Enjoy it for me. :)

Sarah said...

I'm so glad it's not just my kid! Kennedy still cries and it has been almost a year of going to the gym daycare. I peek in on her on the camera monitor and she gets over it in a few minutes...she's playing it up for the Mommy guilt factor. Thus making the gym that much harder to want to go. Nursery is the same story. Stick with it girl--good job!

Jessica said...

Kylie totally hated going to the gym. I finally got a friend to go with me and her little girl and Kylie were close in age so that helped to get Kylie excited to go to the gym. It still took time for her not to cry almost every time. I also had to leave early a couple of times because she was crying so much. Stick with it! It will all work out in the end.

Stacie said...

On the sleeping through the night thing. We had to do it with Brayden and I remember the first night he cried for 3 hours and I think I cried for 2. The next night it was like 1 hour, and the next was like 15 minutes. After that he was golden and has pretty much slept through the night ever since. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Nordgren Family said...

So glad you are keeping up with your goals! So proud of you! It gives me encouragement! The going out on dates with Josh is a GREAT thing! If anyone has fun cheap date ideas tell us!
Love MOM N